[3830] CQWW VHF K8MFO SOSB/6 HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Jul 22 07:50:32 PDT 2012

                    CQ Worldwide VHF Contest

Call: K8MFO
Operator(s): K8MFO
Station: K8MFO

Class: SOSB/6 HP
QTH: EN90

Total:  100    54  Total Score = 5,400

As always, ran this VHF Contest as ALL CW.    Without a lot of openings, it's a
great training exercise.  Training for what?   Well, to train yourself as a
battering ram, ready to take on concrete walls, or maybe as a motorcycle
daredevil.     All kidding aside, its always great to have quick exchanges with
people you've known for your whole life, and to see that you are not the only
one to punish yourself when there were limited openings.

There are always surprises like the big signal from N6GP/R, the loudest 6 land
station in a short openings, or one minute openings to MN or WI.

I quit at 100 QSOs so that I wouldn't have too much fun at one time.

This effort was on behalf of the East Lansing DX Club, but the submision form
wouldn't allow me that option.   There was no PROMPT.

73

Don K8MFO

Elecraft K3     T E Systems brick   300 watts     5 elements at 26 feet and 7
elements at 54 feet on separate towers.   It's nice to have 2 antennas,
immediately switchable in different directions.