[3830] CQWW VHF W5DQ SOAB HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Jul 22 14:11:29 PDT 2012

                    CQ Worldwide VHF Contest

Call: W5DQ
Operator(s): W5DQ
Station: W5DQ

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Mojave Desert

    2:    2     2
-------------------
Total:  120    59  Total Score = 7,198

6M started off with a big multihop opening to the East Coast from out here in
the Mojave Desert of SoCAL. But as all good things, it didn't last all that
long. Had a few short openings to here and there but nothing major again on
Saturday to my area. Had to bail out of the contest at 0100Z to drive to LA to
pickup my wife from the airport (2+ hours each way). Sunday had a couple of
nice short openings to PacNW and Vancouver Island area and some short hop stuff
in NV and SoCAL but nothing great. 2M just never materialized for me. Made 2 Qs
on 2M.

But as usual for VHF contest, it was fun and a battle against Mother Nature and
other participants. See you all in the next ARRL VHF contest in September. I'm
putting up a set of loops for 6M local stuff.