[3830] CQWW VHF K8MR/R Rover LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Jul 23 06:29:09 PDT 2012

                    CQ Worldwide VHF Contest

Call: K8MR/R
Operator(s): K8MR
Station: K8MR

Class: Rover LP
QTH: WPA

    6:  40     21
    2:  20     11
-------------------
Total:  60     32  Total Score = 2,580

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

My mother lives about 35 miles from the FN00/01/EN90/91 grid corner, so I used
the contest as an opportunity to visit her on Saturday for lunch and then
activate a few grid squares in the afternoon. Six was open when I started in
EN90, but was downhill from there, a few Es qsos from FN00 and none at all from
FN01. Two meters  had occasional moments in FN00 and FN01, but not much
activity.

I did find a couple of good locations in FN01 (which is often difficult from
home in EN91 90 miles away), one from where I operated in a state game land,
and one I just visited to check out on the way home, the parking lot at the
airport in Franklin.