[3830] IARU NI6W(W4EF) SO Mixed HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sat Jul 28 00:11:32 PDT 2012

                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: NI6W
Operator(s): W4EF
Station: W4EF

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 23:18

  160:   31      1      4       3
   80:  136     22     15      11
   40:  131     54     22      10
   20:  191    400     24      16
   15:  286     88     33      33
   10:   64     13     14      14
-------------------------------------
Total:  839    578    112      87  Total Score = 889,729

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

Rig : Ten-Tec Omni 6+, Drake L-7

Antennas : 10/15/20 Spiderbeam at 50ft
           40 Inverted-V at 40ft, 1/4 wave vertical
           80 1/4 wave vertical
           160 56ft top-loaded vertical + RX 4 square

Weird conditions. Fifteen was open to Europe, but the openings seemed marginal.
Ten meters was pretty slim pickens, but surprised me with a few Europeans late
in the afternoon Saturday. Overall my QSO rates weren't all that good except
for an amazing run of W's on 20SSB Saturday evening. I probably stayed there
too long at the cost of my multiplier total, but it was way too much fun to
pass up. Fourty was a big disappointment on Sunday morning, but eighty meters
surprised me with a decent run of JAs that blasted right through the summertime
QRN.

Hopefully, next time the sun will be more cooperative.

73, Mike W4EF..............