[3830] WPX CW ZW5B(N5ZO) SOAB HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Fri Jun 1 11:44:38 PDT 2012

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: ZW5B
Operator(s): N5ZO
Station: ZW5B

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Curitiba, Brazil

   15: 1164

Club: Araucaria DX Group

Comments:

Thanks again to Oms PP5EG to use one of his fine superstations in Brazil during
my annual trip there.  Also thanks to fiends Thomas PY2ZXU and Ville PY2ZEA on
doing some station maintenance at ZW5B couple weeks prior to my operation.
Everything worked quite well despite small hick-ups especially with paddle and
2nd radio (K-3).  I ended up not using K-3 very much, I felt something strange
was going on with roofing filter when it switched to below 500 Hz.  I had
TS-590 with me to test it out on more crowded operating conditions and it seems
like nice equipment.
10 m seemed bit weak for me, signals were not very strong.  I should have
probably just stayed more on 15 m which had very nice condx entire weekend.  I
was not optimizing breaks very much as I had flight back to Sao Paulo before
contest ended and needed to finish 36 hrs well before the end, so I missed some
of the best operating time at the end.
Congratulations to Rafa PY2NDX for fine score at another Oms superstation PT5T.
 At least I made him to work for his WRTC qualifying points.  Also, I think
Ville PY2ZEA showed us all how it is done with simple set-up at PW0F.
73 & CU in CQ WW DX SSB from ZD8O
Marko N5ZO / PY2ZZO

ZW5B station in this contest:
Trcvrs TS-590 + K-3