[3830] WPX CW K9CC SOAB(TS) HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sat Jun 2 13:42:13 PDT 2012

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: K9CC
Operator(s): K9CC
Station: K9CC

Class: SOAB(TS) HP
QTH: IL

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Sun spots are back! What a change from my last go in the WPX 2 years ago! I
didn't adjust my low band mind set in time, and got bogged down in mind numbing
H&P. I didn't persist hard enough to get runs going on 20 and 15 until Saturday
night. I very much prefer running stations to hunt and peck, and find it hard
to keep motivated to stay in the chair unless I am running stations. Finally in
the second half of the contest I was able to get great runs going on 20 and 15.
On Sunday I ran stations for hours on 15 with my beam heading straight north
working 1/3 JAs, 2/3 EU, and enough NA to avoid dead times. What a blast!
That's why I like this contest, it has what the military refers to as a target
rich environment, due to the rules format. Unfortunately I didn't really get
rolling until Saturday night.