[3830] GACW WWSA C4Z(5B4AIZ) SOAB LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Jun 10 09:02:46 PDT 2012

                    GACW WWSA CW DX Contest

Call: C4Z
Operator(s): 5B4AIZ
Station: 5B4AIZ

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: LARNACA

   40:   52     6       23
   20:  245    20       48
   15:  441    27       57
   10:  142    10       36

Summer absorbtion made the hf bands very hard work daytime Sunday.  40mtrs had
little propagation and little activity. I didn't even check out 80m.

20m was ok very late evening here and early Sunaday with good propagation over
N Pole ( I worked a couple of VE5's which are rare as hens teeth with me) but
daytime there was the pits with atmospheric noise as well as lack of f2 with
sporadic e's coming and going.

15m was the money band with dx windows opening and closing all of the time,
there were some odd time openings too to west coast and JA,

10 mtrs was how it usually is in summer. mainly e's but we do get evening
openings to SA  but that was not as good as usual. One isolated JA with a great
signal, where were the others?

It is the first occaision I have taken part in this test and I felt SA numbers
in participation were disappointing.

Highlights. Being called by KH6U on 15m after what seemed like hours of nothing
happening and then 3 double mlts with 9M6XRO in the last 30 minutes when we did
15/20/10 - way to go.

Eqp't -  TS570 - 100w.  3 Ele yagi up 15m. Inv Vee DP for 40m.Loggingwith 'SD'

73  Brian C4Z /5B4AIZ.