[3830] ARRL June VHF K2QO/R Limited Rover LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Fri Jun 15 12:59:46 PDT 2012

                    ARRL June VHF QSO Party

Call: K2QO/R
Operator(s): K2QO W2TAU
Station: K2QO

Class: Limited Rover LP
QTH: ROVER

  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  326   135  Total Score = 55,755

Club: Cold Brook Contest Club

Comments:

Six meters is absolutely the MAGIC BAND. Wow, what a Sunday evening! Working EU
stations from the rover was really tough but we made it into a goodly number of
logs. And SD to NY on 2M was excellent too.

In planning for this rove, we tried a strategy that was a bust in the past.
That being to operate from FN14/24 and northern 23 in hopes of working VE2/3.
But lately, the VE3 gang has been coming on strong with Contest Club Ontario
and the Ontario VHF Society. Turns out we choose wisely. In fact, our single
best grid total was from FN23. This is the first time in a decade that a grid
other than FN02 the #1 grid for a rove (excluding September roves to CT.)

So, a good rove for the QO team. Not enough to get into plaque territory, but
really fun.

We covered 7 grids, FN02, 12, 13, 14, 22, 23 and 24, put on 575 miles and
everything worked while out on the road. Now to setup for CQWWVHF, August UHF
and the next BIGGIE, the September VHF Contest.

73, Mark K2QO/r