[3830] All Asian CW N6RO M/M HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Jun 17 19:29:46 PDT 2012

                    All Asian DX Contest, CW

Call: N6RO
Operator(s): K1GI K3EST K6AW N6RO N6WM WA6O WT6K
Station: N6RO

Class: M/M HP
QTH: CA

   40:  522   124
   20:  658   164
   15:  562   143
Total: 1954   514  Total Score = 1,119,492

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Our objective was to try to break the 20 year old NA MM score record by VE7SV.
With condx similar to WPX CW, we accomplished that in the first 15 hours,
thanks to great condx and more mults available now.  Exceeded the QSO record at
the 24 hour mark. Then the sun had it's way, A index went to 39!  8 QSOs in the
last 9 hours, all on 15m at JA sunrise.

This was a great team effort, with many having other obligations and last
minute issues.  We kept the four stations active for most of the contest with
only a few lapses during the 15m openings.  K3EST gets the 'iron man' award:
operated the first 17 hours on 20m non-stop, then back at it Saturday eve.,
Sunday AM. K1GI/JN3NFQ did two 9 hour overnight shifts on 80/40m plus late eve
15m.  N6WM led off on 15m with a 103 first hour. WT6K put time in Saturday on
the high bands getting most of our 10m Qs on Saturday in a 30 minute opening.
WA6O led off on 10m, then 15m, then all night Friday on 40m. K6AW spent 7 hours
CQing on 20m on Sunday with no Qs - he gets the 'frustration' award.  RO did the
usual 160m chores, with no signal more than 2 dB out of the noise (Saturday AM)
- without diversity RX on the K3, I would have had 2 Qs! Also did Sunday AM
SO2R on 80/160m, but nothing happened on 160 - should have done the TBDC; but
80m was great to JA Sunday AM, so concentrated there; heard but not wkd on 80m:
HS0, BY, HL, RT9.

As in the WPX CW, we had poor results into central Asia, only about 20 Qs total
in zones 17, 18, 19, 20, 21. But the JA participation was great- tnx for the
Qs.

Setup: five K3s, AL1200s, Alpha 76, Alpha 70 modified with air-cooled tube (by
K6GT).
Stacked yagis on 40 thru 10m, wire 4 SQs on 80 and 160m
N1MM logger - worked great.  Tnx to N6ML for network setup coaching.