[3830] All Asian CW K6CSL SOAB LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Jun 18 04:07:31 PDT 2012

                    All Asian DX Contest, CW

Call: K6CSL
Operator(s): K6CSL
Station: K6CSL

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: USA/CA/SJV
Operating Time (hrs): 30:00

  160:   0      0
   80:   0      0
   40:  12     10
   20:  25     23
   15:   6      6
   10:   0      0
-------------------
Total:  43     39  Total Score = 1,677

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

This year was 3 QSO's and 7 Mults better than last year. The highlight was a new
DXCC Country, 9V1, Singapore, never before worked by my station. The only other
non-JA QSO was RT0C. This was 397 points more than last year, an increase of
24% over last years score. I went to bed for 4 hours sleep at about daylight.
It was a terrible disappointment to get up Sunday morning and find the bands
essentially dead. I spent 6 hours with nothing. I could hear N6RO and a couple
of other big guns calling and calling. I wasn't hearing them working very many
stations if at all. I figured what ever they were working was due to their
large, high antennas. I had figured I had at least another 6 hours to really
boost my score, but no such luck. I did hear a couple of HL/DS stations and a
couple of BY stations but it was obvious they weren't hearing me calling them.
I did hear a few JA big guns that I had already worked. I guess the CME, (I
believe on Friday), really messed up the bands. I don't think I have ever heard
such a bad Sunday, after such a good Friday and Saturday. I was only hearing a
few of the biggest guns in the South and Mid-West US. Where on Saturday the
stateside QRM level was high. I had also been hearing Europe, Africa, South
America, New Zealand, Oceana and Australia working the Asians. I heard none of
that on Sunday. A very, sadly, rare experience. Bert, K6CSL