[3830] ARRL FD NV4B 1E QRP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Jun 24 14:14:38 PDT 2012

                    ARRL Field Day

Call: NV4B
Operator(s): NV4B
Station: NV4B

Class: 1E QRP
QTH: AL
Operating Time (hrs): 1:12

  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
----------------------------
Total:   35     0       0  Total Score = 500

I had intended to operate 1D and focus on six meters, but after it became clear
that I was destined for a goose egg with the complete absence of anything
resembling an opening, I decided to break out my SW+20 kit-built QRP rig and an
SLA battery and see what I could do on 20m CW with 1.75W and a G5RV.  I had a
blast working just about everything I heard in the final 75 minutes of FD which
amounted to 21 states (including AK), VE6, and VE7.  I'll have to try this again
sometime!

I'm claiming 100 bonus points for emergency power and 50 points for the
forthcoming web submission.