[3830] ARRL FD N2RJ 1E LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Jun 24 18:01:34 PDT 2012

                    ARRL Field Day

Call: N2RJ
Operator(s): N2RJ
Station: N2RJ

Class: 1E LP
QTH: NNJ

   40:   3     244
   20:   0      11
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
----------------------------
Total:   3     255      0  Total Score = 622

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

Got on the radio and decided to make a few QSOs. Busy weekend with other stuff
so I couldn't devote time to a full effort.

CW wasn't happening here, my IC746 is wide as a barn door since I don't have
the proper CW filters for it. ProIII is out for repairs (unrelated to field
day).

The generator worked flawlessly as usual, powering my entire station as it did
for CQWW last year. However this time I connected it separate from the house
via an extension cord and not through the automatic transfer switch, so the
rest of the house stayed on mains power.

40 was on freak-ing fire!!! A 1.5hr run on SSB yielded a rate of about 150 QSOs
per minute. I love it!!!

Heard quite a few stations out of band, especially operating too close to the
band edge. Come on guys, I don't expect someone to remember every last thing on
the ham exam but don't you agree that every ham needs to know where they are
allowed to transmit and how to keep their transmissions legal?