[3830] NCCC Sprint N6ZFO LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Thu Jun 28 23:22:09 PDT 2012

                    NCCC Sprint - Jun 29

Call: N6ZFO
Operator(s): N6ZFO
Station: N6ZFO

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: ca

  160:   3      1
   80:   5      3
   40:  13     12
   20:  12     12
Total:  33     28  Total Score = 924

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

W0DB provided the un-common NE mult tonight; also happy to see Frank, W6JTI on
20m.

Maybe 60 % got the message to use a previous field day call in place of the
name. There were some long pauses before acknowledgement.  I chose W6PW, the
callsign of the San Francisco Radio Club, whose MacLaren Park FD operation in
the 50's was my intro to the activity.  In 1958 I had the honor of being in
complete charge of the 15 meter CW operation, for which I built a special
2-element beam with bamboo elements wrapped in Aluminum foil.

Still no 15 meters here due to RFI. . maybe next week the problem will be
solved.  Missed RTTY again, instead was up in a tree re-attaching the 40m DE
Zepp.  While 30 feet up on the ladder I was attacked by stinging ants, making
the project an excruciating one.

A CQ on 160 meters in the last minute netted an immediate QSO with N6RO.  K6UFO
was CQ'ing on 1816; I worked him easily, then N3ZZ called in with just 3 seconds
to go.

Again, OR seemed to be missing again.

73 Bill n6zfo