[3830] CQ160 SSB K8BL Single Op LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Fri Mar 2 07:44:53 PST 2012

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: K8BL
Operator(s): K8BL
Station: K8BL

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: OHIO

Total:  QSOs = 180  State/Prov = 45  Countries = 7  Total Score = 22,464

Club: North Coast Contesters

Comments:

I didn't think the condx were very good. Never heard a single EU. Pulled
through a few Carib stations. It wasn't noisey, just poor propagation IMHO.
Got bored after a while and threw in the towel.

Heard a couple guys trying to admonish stations about operating Phone below
1840, but I wasn't aware there was a cutoff frequency for CW/Phone on 160.
Then I heard a few ARRL Officials themselves operating down as far as 1810
and figured they probably knew it was OK. Apparently, the "DX Window" was
not in effect either for various run stations - hihi.