[3830] ARRLDX SSB AL9A SO Unlimited HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Mar 4 16:42:11 PST 2012

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: AL9A
Operator(s): AL9A
Station: AL9A

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: Wasilla, AK
Operating Time (hrs): 9:40

  160:    0     0
   80:    0     0
   10:   18     3
-------------------
Total:  878   120  Total Score = 316,080

Tough conditions made this one less than a fun filled event.  If not for the DVK
I would have given up hours sooner.  Listening to myself calling CQ endlessly is
not my idea of fun.  Friday wasn't too bad, but Sat. and Sun. were the pits.
Thank goodness there are plenty of CA and WA hams as was virtually impossible
to reach east of the Rockies on any band. Probably could have had a hundred
more QSOs if I could have worked all the JAs that constantly called me on the
back of the beam. I hope this doesn't mark the end of the current solar cycle!