[3830] ARRLDX SSB KB7QND SOAB LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Mar 4 16:48:11 PST 2012

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: KB7QND
Operator(s): KB7QND
Station: KB7QND

Class: SOAB LP
QTH:

  160:    0     0
   80:    3     3
Total:  270   111  Total Score = 89,910

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

My results were below my expectations.  Didn't work anybody with a signal higher
than S-7...nearly all signals sounded "muted" here with S-3 to S-5 the norm.
Wish I was on the East Coast, they appeared to have bands that never closed for
them while for me there were definite band open/closed periods.  Didn't hear any
Europeans until Sunday morning...and then only able to work less than 10.
Didn't hear any VK or ZL beyond the three I worked.  Caribbean, South and
Central America, and Japan were my money spots.