[3830] ARRLDX SSB K6CSL SOAB LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Mar 4 17:33:42 PST 2012

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: K6CSL
Operator(s): K6CSL
Station: K6CSL

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: CA/SJV
Operating Time (hrs): 27:35

  160:    0     0
   80:    1     1
Total:  112    54  Total Score = 18,144

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

2 times my previous ARRL DX SSB scores with this station. This was fun. I looked
through 160, once early Saturday morning, and once early Sunday morning with no
luck. On Friday night I the only station I found in the General portion of 80M
was KH7X. I didn't find anyone there Saturday night. I spent most of my time
S&P Friday night, Saturday and Saturday night. I finally began to try to CQ in
vacant spots on Sunday. I would get one or two answers, but no runs at all. 40M
was rather poor, rarely working a calling station on the first call. I limit my
time in pile-ups with a 3 minute timer, occassionally letting it run through
twice, trying to get a response. Unfortunately I started 2 hours late on Friday
evening, do to an appointment that ran late. So Friday, starting on 10M, the
only station I found was VK4LAT. I quickly moved to 15M and found the big KH6's
and several JA's. I spent less than an hour on 20 and proceeded on to 40. On 40
I found the big KH6's and some South Americans and PJ2 and PJ4. Saturday day
and evening were much better. My only EU contacts were early Sunday afternoon
on 15M. 20 on Sunday just seemed to be poor, with huge pile-ups for what was
there. I suspect that what was there was happening below the General Class
band. However I'm working on a study coarse to take the Extra Exam, hopefully
by June. 73's to all, Bert, K6CSL.