[3830] ARRLDX SSB K7MK SO Unlimited LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Mar 4 19:53:35 PST 2012

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: K7MK
Operator(s): K7MK
Station: K7MK

Class: SO Unlimited LP
QTH: ID

  160:   0      0
   80:   0      0
   40:   0      0
   20:   1      1
   15:  28     15
   10:  23     13
-------------------
Total:  52     29  Total Score = 4,524

Operated field day style from my rig out in the desert.  Running a FT-920 (not
the smallest mobile rig!) and a netbook  running N1MM.  Normally a Writelog guy
(at NK7U) so this was a good test of N1MM with limited homework.  Battery from
our boat provided power. Mounted a Cushcraft R5 on a 6ft pole.  Nice location
with the terrain dropping off in all directions.  No QRN what to speak of.
However this location is not only within the Idaho Army Guard Orchard munitions
area, but it is a common place for folks to blow stuff up with their shotguns
and handguns.  So no radio QRN, just the sound of Winchesters and Remingtons
getting exercised.

Since the only operating I have done lately is from NK7U, my call has dropped
out of the Master.DTA files.  I could tell some were curious about the call
with the number or repeat requests I got.  I guess I'll have to use my call
more often!

Thanks for the Q's.
Jim/K7MK