[3830] ARRLDX SSB KD9MS SOAB LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Mar 4 19:59:25 PST 2012

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: KD9MS
Operator(s): KD9MS
Station: KD9MS

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Karnak, IL

Total:  645   267  Total Score = 516,645

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Sometimes I wonder why I do this. But when I think back to this same weekend 20
years ago in my fery first contest, it makes it all worth it. I was sitting in
my chair looking at that log just now, yes it's still on paper although most of
it resides in my computer now. I still have the paper copy of it. 3/7/1992 I
made more contacts that first hour than I ever has in all my time being a ham!

I sit here in this chair 20 years older, tired and delirious from the whole
thing, and I know the money seems like a lot, and the hours are long and for
what? I wanted to quit about 9:00UTC cause my poor old tired eyes just couldn't
see the screen to well, my poor old fingers were having trouble typing the calls
in, my poor old butt was tired in this chair, but with the airwaves full of
stations to work and to get to hear the stories that would only come from this
contest and add that to the older ones so... rather than to put down some of
the usual stuff, I decided to let my lack of sleep to let me write this and to
say that I can't wait for the madness to start again next year! This is still
my favorite contest. Thanks to all who strained to hear my little signal and
tired tongue try to say "Kilo".

73,
Craig KD9MS