[3830] ARRLDX SSB VY2ZM SOSB/160 HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Mar 4 20:50:00 PST 2012

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: VY2ZM
Operator(s): VY2ZM
Station: VY2ZM

Class: SOSB/160 HP
QTH: PEI

Total:  249    63  Total Score = 47,061

Club: Maritime Contest Club

Comments:

Great fun operating back to back with my son Patrick, K6AAX, who operated as
K6AAX/VY2 on 80m while I went mono 160m with my own callsign as VY2ZM.  There
was absolutely no intermod or band to band interference and we managed to use
pre-recorded messages throughout to minimize noise in the room.  We were
worried about how it might work sitting so close - but it worked 99% of the
time without issues.

Not fun was an average 160m rate of less than 10 per hour for the contest!

Nice to work old friends and to get some sleep as compared to operating in the
SOAB class.

CU in the next one,

73 JEFF   VY2ZM