[3830] ARRLDX SSB AK7AZ M/M HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Mar 4 23:00:11 PST 2012

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: AK7AZ
Operator(s): KY7K, N3KCJ
Station: AK7AZ

Class: M/M HP
QTH: AZ
Operating Time (hrs): all

  160:    0     0
Total: 1107   301  Total Score = 940,926

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

WOW!!
Does the ARRL of the WAS endorsement of "WAS because we are not ALASKA DX"!!
We had to work so many stateside stations just to get them to leave us alone.
The ones that were especially annoying, yet funny in a perverse way, were the
stations demanding a power reading after we gave them our stateside exchange.
Yes, our exchange was 59 AZ... YES ARIZONA!! So next time we tell you AZ we
mean AZ as in ARIZONA!! LOL!!

The bands seem marginal and the whole contest was rather perplexing. As we
could not make contact with a Cayman Isl. station who was running a KW and was
truly 59 (not a contest 59). We repeatedly called but could not be heard with
our 1.5KW. Compare this to working a JA transmitting 100 watts and getting him
into the log with little difficulty.

Hmmm, makes ya think huh. But that is one of the reasons our team will drop
what we are doing at any time and work those JA's!! We do not have enough good
words to describe their ability and skill at the radio art.