[3830] ARRLDX SSB VA7BEC SO Unlimited LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Mar 4 23:16:35 PST 2012

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: VA7BEC
Operator(s): VA7BEC
Station: VA7BEC

Class: SO Unlimited LP
QTH:

   80:    8     6
Total:  640   178  Total Score = 341,760

Club: Orca DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Not sure where to start with comments. Head hurts. Too much coffee and not
enough sleep...

This was a tough contest. Another learning opportunity. Another chance to
polish my ability to adjust  strategies as the situation requires. No point
planning anything beforehand 'cause conditions are never as expected.

Q total is higher than last year, up from 471. Score is higher than last year,
up from 267,057. Mults are down just a bit, from 189.

I owe the solid Q result to a wonderful JA run on Saturday evening -- with a
few non-JA stations answering my CQs as well -- and to an awesome EU run on
Sunday morning.  Aside from that 58-minute EU bonanza, which will definitely be
remembered because it was my first successful run ever to EU, I felt EU stations
were pretty much a rarity this past weekend. I'm sure they were there, but I
couldn't hear them or they couldn't hear me amid the the noise.

As always, thanks to everyone who answered my CQs and to everyone who picked my
call out of all the noise.

 See you all again soon.

73/88
Rebecca VA7BEC