[3830] ARRLDX SSB EI7M(EI8IR) SOSB/15 HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Mar 5 04:16:49 PST 2012

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: EI7M
Operator(s): EI8IR
Station: EI7M

Class: SOSB/15 HP
QTH:

   15: 1986    60
Total: 1986    60  Total Score = 356,000

After cq160 last weekend, we did not have enough operators for a M/S entry. This
has always been a favourite contest and picking s/o 15m seemed a good choice.
Contests are much more fun when you are not tired :-)

The band was open here before I was able to start on saturday and it was really
difficult for the first few hours. Conditions improved towards sunset with a
couple CA stations, but still missing MT, SD, ND after the first day.

Sunday was much better. It helped that I was ready for the start this time. The
highlight was great openings to the west coast. Lots of AZ and CA. I knew their
state because of the funny warble on their signal hi! Finally got the last few
states and the rate was good up until 2100.

Next up is Russian DX and CQIR (Irish Contest on 17th) before WPX at the end of
the month

Thanks for all the qso's

73's

John