[3830] ARRLDX SSB N4ZC SO Unlimited HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Mar 5 11:32:01 PST 2012

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: N4ZC
Operator(s): N4ZC
Station: N4ZC

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: near Charlotte NC

   20:  488   102
   15:  482   108
Total: 1573   443  Total Score = 2,099,517

Club: CDXA

Comments:

As everyone who was there knows, heavy low band QRN the first night. I hit a
million points just before 4 O'Clock Sat afternoon. It was down hill after
that.
By 8, I was hard pressed to continue, with so little DX to work. By noon Sunday
I was thinking I wouldn't make 2 million. I just made it an hour or so before
the end.

It would go so much faster for everyone if the low band DX guys would spilt,
long enough to work down the monster piles. Much of the time, 10m was on the
edge. Some times direct, some side-scatter, on northern paths. The only way I
could work a JA on 10 was to beam west. KG6DX was far enough south to always be
direct.

Oh well, they're all a bit different. No matter how good or poor, we keep
coming back every year. 57 years now for me.

73 Rog