[3830] ARRLDX SSB DR1D(PY2SEX) SO Unlimited HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Mar 5 12:41:45 PST 2012

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: DR1D
Operator(s): PY2SEX
Station: DR1D

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: Koln
Operating Time (hrs): 27:03

   20: 1119    60
   15: 1280    58
Total: 3201   230  Total Score = 2,199,087

Always having fun!!! :D
Totally unexpected operation! Robert invited me to join him to a MS operation
but he got sick the whole weekend and I had to deal with operation the whole
time, that is why so long break time!
I will try to summarize, serious I will... :D
Started with so bad propagation and so much QRM from European stations on 40m
that I was getting crazy, after have spent the whole night woke for a couple of
QSOs, I went to bed and was when I got the news about Robert has gone to
hospital, and I back to the station to keep running but so poor propagation on
high bands during the day. At end of Saturday I had a AWESOME Pileup on 20m,
that woke me up! nothing on 10m on saturday and as always North Dakota and
Idaho were the rare ones!
Second day during the dawn I didn't feel well and went sleep earlier and lost
the whole low bands opening (if had it).
Finally at afternoon some QSOs on 10m and more on 15m, but at end of contest I
was exhausted and barely could copy something in the middle of the QRM on 20m
and 40m. But at end I've got some extra strength and tried 40m and TADA!! big
pileup with 9+20 QRM from stations calling near me! 160 QSOs at last hour was
awesome!
I had a lot of fun even get tired like now (I still not slept well).
New things learned from Europe activity. IS TOO HARD LOW BANDS!! Should have a
special award for European stations!
Another thing that came to my mind when I was calling and nothing came back
like my Low Power operations in Brazil, a PY8AZT lesson: "You must stop to
think like Low Power operator doing search & Pound, keep calling!!!''.  And
that is so true!! :(
Sometimes I gave 100 as number and corrected to 1K hihihi...
I had 50 Dupes and another thing came to my mind, still these people don't
using Computers during the contest? Well, at least I worked all them!
Another fun weekend and another lesson, work contest from here is not easy at
all!!

Thanks to Robert to invite me to this contest and even sick he kept me running
the station, also to everybody with some patience to reply back my calls.
Sorry my English and I hope to see you guys on WPX SSB.

73 from DL/PY2SEX

Alex
www.py2sex.com
py2sex at py2sex.com