[3830] ARRLDX SSB ED1R M/2 HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Tue Mar 6 13:24:53 PST 2012

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: ED1R
Operator(s): DH1TW, EC1KR, EC1KD, EB3CW, EC4DX, EA4SV
Station: ED1R

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: AVILA

   40: 1409    58
   20: 1500    61
   15: 1624    59
Total: 5400   280  Total Score = 4,530,120

Club: Radio Club Henares

Comments:

A nice contest, good Run sometimes and other without customers, finally form a
team of 6 operators and we decided do in M2 and make good turns of Run, but the
propagation with the current spread from the EU now is a typical Contest
performed in SOAB or M/S with a small team, but M2 or MM only have few times of
nice Run.

10m very loose with sporadic opening to the east coast, the 15m allowing fun
run and where most activity being focused, as usual 20m propagation good
afternoon/evening hours and few customers before lunch time in EA, the 40m
certainly a surprise, are endless, there are always customers, we enjoyed the
evening in this band, 80m band with big noisy and we miss many mults, the 160m
also very noisy but thanks to the work of Beverage we get 28 states.

The station worked very well in general, the interferences were controlled, it
appears you have not broken anything, unlike the last CQ 160M SSB at this time
the beverages worked great on 40/80/160. As usual in our radio-sport philosophy
enjoyed the pile-up, eat well and did not spend any of thirst :-)

Congratulations to the many colleagues who participated. TNX for the nice
competition.

See you during next Contest. 73!

ED1R Contest Club
Web: www.ed1r.com