[3830] ARRLDX SSB NH2T(N2NL) SO Unlimited HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Fri Mar 9 18:48:34 PST 2012

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: NH2T
Operator(s): N2NL
Station: NH2T

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: Guam

  160:    5     3
Total:  834   161  Total Score = 389,781

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

The break down does not match my effort, because I spent 75% of my time on 40m
and below with 3 other KH2s QRV on 40 and up.  Low band conditions were
miserable the 1st night.  I never heard a single NA station aside from KL7RA on
160 while listening with a 1000ft Beverage.  Things were better the 2nd night,
decent almost into W5 on 160, but very little activity.  Even conditions on the
high bands were not the greatest; signals on 15m were weaker than usual.  I
certainly didn't feel like Guam was in a sweet spot for propagation into NA
this weekend - it's easy to forget that KH2 is nearly 4,000 miles west of
Hawaii, and a couple thousand miles from VK and ZL on the opposite side of the
equator.

73, Dave KH2/N2NL