[3830] NA Sprint RTTY N3QE LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sat Mar 10 20:18:26 PST 2012

                    NA Sprint RTTY Contest - March

Call: N3QE
Operator(s): N3QE
Station: N3QE

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MD

   80:   42     1.4
   40:   63     1.5
   20:   31     1.1
---------------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Team:

Comments:

Nice to see many of the CW sprinters on RTTY, plus a few new ones I don't
recognize from the CW tests as well!

I thought the bands were pretty decent. 20M was working quite well as long as I
was on it (almost all long), 40M was working well too (mostly long but some
short), and 80M was a nice all-around mix both short and long. Here on the east
coast it is commonly a problem that 40M is long and only long by the time the
sprint starts.

I was a little disappointed we didn't have more representation from many states
and there were a lot of missing mults in the end. I never worked CO, SD, ME, RI,
VT, NJ, DE, MD, FL, AR, MS, OK, AK, MT, NV, UT, WY, WV, IN, WI, AB, MAR, ON, SK,
or YT. I know I heard WI (WI9WI) but didn't manage to work him. VE4EAR was doing
a top notch job with MB. I was very happy to work Cuba several times on RTTY on
different bands.

It's possible I was the only MD... didn't hear any others. That's a unique
situation for me! :-)

Some mults that were extremely well represented earlier this year (e.g. NC, CO)
simply weren't there. Maybe RTTY Sprinting is just too esoteric or everyone's
all contested out after a very busy winter contest season! Thanks for the Q's
everyone!