[3830] Commonwealth ZL7/VO1AU Restricted-24 LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Mar 11 12:39:56 PDT 2012

                    RSGB Commonwealth Contest, CW

Call: ZL7/VO1AU
Operator(s): VO1AU
Station: ZL7/VO1AU

Class: Restricted-24 LP
QTH: Chatham Island

Total:  177  Total Score = 3,345

This is how N1MM summarised this:

 Band    QSOs    Pts   Bonus  HQ
   3.5      19     435   16    1
     7      81    1345   46    1
    14      60    1140   40    2
    21      12     300   11    1
    28       5     125    4    1
 Total     177    3345  117    6
Score: 3,345

Here is how I summarise this:

Horrible conditions!  I had rolling propagation blackouts all day long, with
several hours of just one or two QSOs.  This was a rough year to be running low
power and simple antennas.

My rig is a TS-590 (a great rig - I'm really pleased), a Taiwanese knock-off of
a Cushcraft R8 (40-6m vertical) and a wire ground plane for 80m.

It was stil fun to be on Chatham Island.  Has ZL7 ever showed up in BERU
before?

The non-BERU callers were a persistent problem, but at least they let me know I
was being heard.