[3830] NCCC Sprint N6ZFO QRP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Thu Mar 15 20:40:26 PDT 2012

                    NCCC Sprint - Mar 16

Call: N6ZFO
Operator(s): N6ZFO
Station: N6ZFO

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: CA

  160:   0      0
   80:   9      5
   40:   1      1
   20:   8      7
Total:  18     13  Total Score = 234

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Hope we will have a 2nd go at QRP  . many QLF's

1) Had left the RTTY NAS "cheat sheet" on the function keys. .
2) Didn't get a power meter in line for the antenna, so had no ability to
monitor SWR. . fine except that I used the wrong antenna on 40m and didn't know
it.
3) I was probably running less than 5 watts.
4) Had just finished a vigorous 3.5-mile hike 10 mins before NS started.  The
last .25 miles is the equivalent height gain of climbing a 20-story building in
4 mins.

Noted that K0EU has an amazing F/B ration on his 20m antenna. .  something we
don't worry about so much on left coast.

Somehow, NQ6N heard me on 40m.

73 Bill n6zfo