[3830] NCCC Sprint K4BAI QRP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Fri Mar 16 05:09:36 PDT 2012

                    NCCC Sprint - Mar 16

Call: K4BAI
Operator(s): K4BAI
Station: K4BAI

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: GA

  160:   0      0
   80:   2      2
   40:  13     12
   20:  11      6
   15:   0      0
   10:   0      0
-------------------
Total:  26     20  Total Score = 520

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

FT1000MP, 5W, TH6DXX, dipole, inverted vee.  Took me about two minutes at the
beginning to realize I wasn't getting any answers because I was using the 40M
dipole. After that, 20M was quite good to the far west.  Closer in stations
were generally very weak to unreadable, but did manage to work K0EU in CO and
N1LN in NC (Bruce was worked on all three bands that I worked.).  40M was a
struggle with 5W.  N5NU and WA6URY were loud and I wondered if they hadn't got
the word on using QRP.  Or maybe Dan can't turn his power down to 5W on his
remote station.  In any case, it was great to work them and K5NU was my only
other contact on 80M. Welcome, Jason.  80M was very noisy.  I went there with
about nine minutes to go and could hear N3SD and WD0T, but they couldn't hear
me.  Went back to 40 and came back to 80 for the last three minutes for the two
QSOs there.  Didn't try 160 as I have a compromise antenna there and probably
the only station active last night I could have had a chance to work was N1LN.
I heard N6RO getting a late start, but never got in sync for a QSO.  Lot of fun,
but I'd not want to do it QRP every week.  Next Thursday, I hope to be QRV in NS
as PJ4/K4BAI.  Please look for four of us as PJ4Z in CQ WPX SSB.  73, John,
K4BAI.