[3830] BARTG VE9AA SOSB/20 HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Mar 18 18:18:00 PDT 2012

                    BARTG HF RTTY Contest

Call: VE9AA
Operator(s): VE9AA
Station: VE9AA

Class: SOSB/20 HP
QTH: nb
Operating Time (hrs):

   20:  161      27         16
-----------------------------------
Total:  161      27         16  Continents = 4  Total Score = 27,692

Club: Maritime Contest Club

Comments:

To all who worked me and wondered what in heck I was doing. . . .I have no idea
! HI ! :-)
I get on RTTY maybe once every few years, always with a different program,
interface and engine.  I REALLY had no blessed idea what I was doing.

In fact, the first 100 QSO's were 100% by hand (no macros or shortcuts)

Afterwards I got some working, so it was a mad flurry of F-keys to get
everything sent, (sometimes even in the correct order !)

I apologize for my lidness.  I had no idea of the language used on RTTY, so
just used what came natural for CW....Even got to say hello to a few friends
(or tried) but VE4EAR was one of the few who made an few extra seconds to
exchange a few pleasantries. Tnx Ed.(Hey, I wasn't it in to win....just wanted
to see what all this deedling was about !) HI

Was nice to work VY2SS - Thanks Robby :-D

TRied VE9DX a few times, but he's about 50-60 miles away and the phase shift or
backscatter was brutal on our weak signals, I could never get good print to know
whether he came back fully or not.  Sorry Andy ! :-(

ic-746, CW-160 dple @ 25', about 375Watts into a 4.1:1 SWR and N1MM with MMTY
engine.   Used my new RigExpert 'TINY' for an interface.

RYRYRYRYRYRYRYRYRRYRYRYRYRYRYRYRYRYRYRYRYRYRYRYRYRYRYRYRYRYRYRYRYRYRYRYRY

73 de MikeAA dit dit (or is it Deedle Deedle?)