[3830] BARTG VE4EAR SO Expert HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Mar 18 19:22:38 PDT 2012

                    BARTG HF RTTY Contest

Call: VE4EAR
Operator(s): VE4EAR
Station: VE4EAR

Class: SO Expert HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

   80:  3.5       2          8
   40:  138       8         17
   20:  282      28         17
   15:   99      12         18
   10:    6       5          2
-----------------------------------
Total:  537      55         62  Continents = 6  Total Score = 376,974

Every week for the last month or so I keep saying how bad the conditions are,
but they still keep getting worse.

Only real opening to EU on 20m came late Sunday afternoon. Saturday and Sunday
morning normal openings didn't occur. Absolutely no EU heard on 40m or 15m.

Very bad AU flutter on 80/40 both evenings, especially Saturday night. Just by
listening to the signal I had a good idea where it was, without even decoding
it. An signal north of 40 degrees was fluttery.

If the conditions were not bad enough, started having problems with N1MM
software. Had to roll it back a couple versions Saturday and then I was
experimenting with ESM and the right click features. A great time saver however
I busted several QSOs because the SW would truncated a character from the
callsign in the entry window. Example, W9IU would become W9I. this led to
several duplicates. Even worse were the three calls that got lost because the
software converted their call to VE4EA. I have no idea who the calls were know
but I have their exchange and VE4EA in the log. Sorry guys.

With balmy spring temps of +25C,(77F) it was hard to stay in the chair
especially with lousy conditions.

Looking for a big turn around for WPX next weekend!

73 Ed