[3830] BARTG VE3FJB M/S HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Mar 18 20:07:23 PDT 2012

                    BARTG HF RTTY Contest

Call: VE3FJB
Operator(s): VA3LM VA3YC VE3IJM VA3SD VE3OKS VA3VD VE3NLS VA3KUG VE3SQT VE3PF VE3RYE VE3VSM
Station: VE3FJB

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Coldwater, Ontario

   80:   16       2          8
   40:  271      37         19
   20:  296      35         16
   15:  106      18         15
   10:    0       0          0
-----------------------------------
Total:  689      92         58  Continents = 6  Total Score = 619,200

This was a tough one, band conditions were crap.  There was little if any paths
to Europe - stranegly enough did work VK/ZL on 40M.  Only in the last few hours
on 40M was a good "run" established.  This was mainly a contest of search and
pounce.  Our last contest was CQ WW WPX RTTY and we were spoiled with great
conditions.

We have been training a number of new ops.  In WPX was able to work them
through running a frequency.  This contest they all became comfortable with
search and strike.  They came through the exercise in a very commendable
fashion.  They rose to the occasion and dove in.

We are still running on a Steppir with broken element - but expect to have
addressed soon.  Foolishly we did a lot of software upgrades before the
contest.  The system / flex oriented performed great.

Keith - VA3YC