[3830] Rus DX 3V8SS(KF5EYY) SO Mixed LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Mar 19 01:11:51 PDT 2012

                    Russian DX Contest

Call: 3V8SS
Operator(s): KF5EYY
Station: 3V8SS

Class: SO Mixed LP
QTH: Sousse
Operating Time (hrs): 22h39

  160:    33      0      20         4
   80:   231      5      42        28
   40:   270     59      49        30
   20:   258    531      63        58
   15:   263    482      75        65
   10:     7     17      16         0
Total:  1062   1094     265       185  Total Score = 6,485,400

Club: Rhein Ruhr DX Association

Comments:

What a nice weather on Saturday morning over here! I started the day early by a
long walk on Sousse beach enjoying the turquoise blue sea and lovely weather.
Nothing would prevent me from spending the day there but a contest!

After last year's first place World as SOAB-SSB-LP, I decided to take part in
MIX mode as condx is poor and my antenna system for low bands needs upgrading.
So the idea was to focus on SSB for High bands and CW for low bands.

I made some nice runs on SSB at the begining of the contest; I was surprised
that I was exceeding CN2R by 1 QSO after 2 operating hours (354 vs 353!). but I
later made people struggle to have a CW QSO with me due to tire.

I was hoping 10m will make a surprise just before the end of the contest,
however, it was disappointing.

This year's score slightly exceeds the World Record for MIX-LP Category set by
SU9NC back in 2003. I hope log checking will not grab the 300k points
difference!

Thanks guys for all the Qs!

73 Ash KF5EYY
Tunisian Op of 3V8SS Radio Club