[3830] Rus DX W6YI(K6AM) SO Mixed HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Mar 19 10:01:14 PDT 2012

                    Russian DX Contest

Call: W6YI
Operator(s): K6AM
Station: W6YI

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: CA

  160:    5      0        5         0
   80:   62      4       11         3
   40:  230     51       44        16
   20:  124    165       51        29
   15:  140    159       41         6
   10:   21    179       19         0
Total:  582    558      171        54  Total Score = 1,014,300

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

last year, Dan, N6MJ did 2.9M from this station.  I always try to get at least
half the master's score so I was shooting for about 1.5 M this time.  But it
just wasn't to be.  This is my first try from the big station, so I used Dan's
log from last year as a guide.  Even though I was on the same bands and modes
much of the time, the rate was just not there and I fell behind from the start.
 All the bands were in much worse shape than last year.  Signals were weak and I
struggled to be heard when calling guys.  I never got the big EU run on 15 that
Dan had.

But it appears that everyone had similar problems, so it is what it is.  Thank
goodness for all the "not in the contest" guys on 10 meters who gave me 001.
Without them it would have been much worse.

Congrats to K6XX for a fine finish from Nor Cal.  Lets hope he had better
conditions.

John, K6AM