[3830] ARRLDX SSB PI4TUE M/S HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Mar 19 16:21:41 PDT 2012

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: PI4TUE
Operator(s): CLAUDIA, ON9CC, PA3FGA, PA5YL, PC5A, PE2HD, S52RU
Station: PI4TUE

Class: M/S HP
QTH:

  160:   10     7
Total: 1755   201  Total Score = 1,058,265

Club: Bavarian Contest Club

Comments:

There was no time nor opportunity to change much between the ARRLDX-CW and this
one. Again we setup a BOG for RX that had proven its merits 2 weeks ago.

We welcomed Romeo-S52RU to the team who happen to work on the campus site. In
the end he made most of the contacts... Hvala!

Looking back our 40mtr score stays way behind... the single 1/4 vertical just
can't cut it under these conditions. We need to improve a lot there.

Even under the lousy 10M & 160M conditions we managed to work 4 stations on all
6 bands: K1LZ, KM1W, W3LPL, WE3C
We logged 22 5 band QSO's.

Station setup:
TenTec Orion I + amp, controlled by N1MM V12.2.0
160M sloper fed at 65mtrs above ground
80M horizontal full size loop @ 65mtrs above ground
40M vertical (HF2V)
20M+15+10M 3 ele Yagi (SteppIR) @ 65mtr above ground
BOG (Beverage On Ground) RX antenna, length ~80mtr

CU in WPX SSB.

73
-- Aurelio, PC5A
ps. if you worked us and would like the audio clipping(s) of the QSO(s) drop me
an e-mail.