[3830] Rus DX JG1VGX/M SO CW LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Mar 19 21:24:29 PDT 2012

                    Russian DX Contest

Call: JG1VGX/M
Operator(s): JG1VGX
Station: JG1VGX/M

Class: SO CW LP
QTH: Gumma

   80:    4               2         2
   40:   39              11        10
   20:   59              25        19
   15:  116              26        36
   10:   23              13         6
Total:  241     0        77        73  Total Score = 250,650

The condx in higher bands was not so good, but with the help of Russia being not
so far from here, world-to-world contacts allowed and the power of CW, I was
able to make more than 200 contacts from a mobile with only 50W output which
I'm quite happy with.

I am truly thankful to all of you who tried very hard to copy my weak signals
with a cumbersome mobile designator.

It was 98% S&P.
I used mobile internet connection. Watching at a local skimmer server was very
useful to catch DX frequencies and it was very easy to know which bands are
open
 and the most productive. SNR display is also helpful in this regard.

Actually I found a new style of field type contest operation. Enjoyed a lot.

My setups:
TRX: IC-756mkII 50W (Japan's power limit as mobile/portable)
Ant: Diamond MD-200 (Base-loading whip, 2m long)
http://www.diamond-ant.co.jp/english/amateur/antenna/ante_1mobile/ante_mo6_mdhv.html
Logging: Toshiba laptop and TR4W
Mobile: Alfa Romeo 156 2.5V6 (2000)

73 rin JG1VGX