[3830] WPX SSB K6CTA SO(A)AB HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Mar 25 14:13:51 PDT 2012

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: K6CTA
Operator(s): K6CTA
Station: K6CTA

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs):

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

I wound up spending a lot more time than I thought I would in this. Heavy rain
on Saturday kept me inside, and what better way to spend the day than on the
radio fighting QRM on SSB!! For whatever reason, "Charlie-Tango-Alfa" did not
seem to carry, and was lost in translation more times than I can count. It was
pretty frustrating to have any number of permutations come back to me....I have
no idea what a better group of phonetics would be. Not to mention that these
three have served me well for decades. On Sunday, I was so exasperated that I
stopped and did my kid's taxes!! And was happy to do it.....

Nice EU and AF openings. Friday night was the best night on 40M; the rain on
Saturday made the band pretty noisy. Installed the SVGA card for my P3 a week
ago; it was fun to have a big-screen bandscope. Not sure how useful it is, but
very impressive! Thanks for the Q's.

73,
Ed - K6CTA

Equip: