[3830] WPX SSB NW3H SO(A)AB HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Mar 25 17:14:39 PDT 2012

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: NW3H
Operator(s): NW3H
Station: NW3H

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH: Skippack, PA

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

I always run into good luck or bad luck during this contest.  This weekend
featured my daughter's 2nd birthday party.  In 2010 missed the contest for a
great reason being her birth. In 2011, did well but had my oldest dog hurt
himself and eventually pass away a few weeks later.  In 2012, we had the
birthday party which limited my time to 1 hour Friday night, 45 minutes
Saturday afternoon and two hours Saturday night.  The party was fun but then my
wife came down with the norovirus just when I was getting going on 40 meters.  I
was up with her until 4am and taking her to the ER was considered.  She is 15
weeks pregnant as well.  Luckily she got through the worst of the virus but I
had diaper duty for my daughter today which limited my effort to nap time and
post bedtime. Also all this on 2.5 hours sleep. Total time 8 hours 12 minutes.
I was able to roll the band on Saturday for 45 minutes around 1pm on 15 meters
and made 67 search and pounce contacts in 45 minutes.  Had 220 contacts at the
end of Saturday and rallied to get to 415.  Still below my 546K from 2011 but I
will take it considering everything that occurred this weekend.  2013 should
hopefully go better though I will have two little ones by then! I will have a
Hex Beam up by then hopefully which will maximize by on air time.  This was a
total search and pounce effort with a R-8 vertical and 80 meter dipole.
Conditions were great on 15 meters but not as good as in 2011.  Did not hear
too much Oceania or Far East Asia. It was fun but I heard the Mission
Impossible music in my headphones all weekend!  Thanks to all for the QSOs.
Heard a lot of FRCers on with great scores including P40W in Aruba.  73.