[3830] WPX SSB VY1EI SO(A)SB15 HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Mar 25 17:17:52 PDT 2012

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: VY1EI
Operator(s): VY1EI
Station: VY1EI

Class: SO(A)SB15 HP
QTH:

   15: 1051
Total: 1051  Prefixes = 411  Total Score = 984,345

I ran 15M single band HP last year and got 850 QSOs, so I improved on last
year's score. I wasn't sure which band I would run on, although I assumed 10M
was out. 15 meters was roaring at the opening. Got 350 QSOs in 4 and half hours
which is pretty good for my QTH, so I made the decision to stick with 15M. The
band wasn't as hot on saturday. I couldn't get a run going to EU and JA was
closed. On sunday the band was in fairly good shape. I still couldn't get a run
going to EU but JA was open later in the day.

No complaints. Let's hope the CW portion of this contest isn't like last year,
where the aurora was level 10 for the entire 48 hours and the bands were like
mush.

See you in in two months for the CW portion.

Eric
VY1EI