[3830] WPX SSB N2RJ SOAB HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Mar 25 17:21:12 PDT 2012

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: N2RJ
Operator(s): N2RJ
Station: N2RJ

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: NNJ

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

A new personal best for this contest, but also the first time I did a serious
effort all band high power unassisted. I am typically a single band entrant for
this contest, but I decided to go all out this year.

Hoping most of it survives log checking but I can tell you that it was a battle
with weak signals and heavy QRM all over, especially 40 meters.

Still need to do some antenna work as my SteppIR array is less than optimal at
this point. Warm WX is here so that should be soon.

Highlights:

15 was the money band for sure (for me anyway). I just kept going and going and
quite honestly I may have hit 5 million if I didn't stop for lunch at the tail
end of my run. Europe just kept on calling and THAT is how I like it.

10 meters gave me some semblance of rate but also mults (trans eq). Thanks to
all the PY, LU, CX, YV, HK, ZP, CE etc. You guys are fantastic.

80 meters gave some mults and a bit of rate overnight. Good enough to keep
going.

Got a couple of JA this time, but no VK/ZL. They were likely drowned out by
EU.

73 thanks for all the Qs!

Ryan, N2RJ