[3830] WPX SSB KB9UWU SO(A)AB(TS) LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Mar 25 18:14:44 PDT 2012

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: KB9UWU
Operator(s): KB9UWU
Station: KB9UWU

Class: SO(A)AB(TS) LP
QTH: IL

Total:  782  Prefixes = 515  Total Score = 1,114,975

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Planned a full time effort but Murphy struck many times.  I guess it's payback
for relatively smooth operations as of lately.  99% S&P.  Possibly my first
time using packet single op.  It was fun to chase mults and spot a few
stations, sans the VE7 I accidentally spotted as a VP7, my apologies!  I was
amazed by the number of loud DX stations that couldn't hear my 100 watts.  I've
been spoiled with QRO lately.  Anyone else get jammed on 20m for no reason?
Never heard a callsign...

Elecraft K3 w/N1MM
G3TXQ Hexbeam (2el) for 10, 15, 20 at 45' mounted on portable tower trailer
Elevated 40m 1/4l vertical with 4 radials around 10' agl.. (this antenna went
up around 0000z Saturday and seemed to perform very well)