[3830] WPX SSB EI100T(@EI7M) M/2 HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Mar 26 07:34:56 PDT 2012

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: EI100T
Operator(s): EI8IR EI3JE EI3JZ EI3KD EI4HQ G4CLA G3ZVW G7TWC
Station: EI7M

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: Cork

   40: 2046
   20: 2118
   15: 2630

We've never tried a M/2 entry before, but decided it would be the best category
this time because we had some extra visitors with us - It sure was the right
decision because we had a blast and thoroughly enjoyed the chaos that ensued!
Conditions were a bit of a head-scratcher: 15m was fabulous to just about
everywhere although at times it felt like the MUF was only just there; 40m was
amazing (e.g. opening to VK/ZL well after we thought the band should have
closed); 10m provided fascinating late-evening TEP/backscatter although it
never really opened properly; 20m and 80m seemed a bit down, but still not bad;
and of course 160m suffered from WPX-syndrome (it might have been good, but
no-one was there).

About the call: EI100T

We were lucky to be allowed to use the special call issued to commemorate the
100th anniversary of the last (and first!) sailing of the S.S. Titanic. At EI7M
we overlook Cobh harbour, which is where the last passengers embarked before the
ship's fateful journey across the Atlantic. If anyone visits this area, there is
a wonderful heritage centre in Cobh (www.cobhheritage.com) with all sort of
displays and information about the Titanic and its sister ship(s) - well worth
a visit! More information about EI100T (including QSL and award details) can be
found by searching for the call at QRZ.com

Many thanks to Pete, Steve and Mike for traveling over, and of course to
everyone on the air for a great contest.

73 Mark, EI3KD at EI7M