[3830] WPX SSB AK7AZ M/M HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Mar 26 17:03:26 PDT 2012

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: AK7AZ
Operator(s): AK7AR, AK8E, K0DVH, KY7K, N3KCJ
Station: AK7AZ

Class: M/M HP
QTH: 12-Toes

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

2012 proved to be a challenging year for the team.

Limited Operator time/availability, equipment failures and associated delays,
the lower bands so crowded that running or S&P was futile... intermittant line
noise on the upperbands rendering them useless.
You know the usual stuff...LOL!!

Thanks goes out to the team for working through all this mayhem!! Especially to
Foster N3KCJ for his 1000+ contribution to the QSO total.It is a privilege to be
on a team of problem solvers as compared to problematic whiners.

It was fun to have worked our Hawaiian based Outlaw on five bands and good fun
to work K6LL and N7MAL and chat with them a bit. We also managed to work quite
a few other outlaws as well!! Thanks for the QSO's!!

WPX series of contests is a wonderful series. The "everyone works everyone"
aspect keeps rates up, excitement high. To bad there are only three WPX
contests during the year. ;-)