[3830] WPX SSB WA5RML SOAB QRP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Mar 26 19:24:34 PDT 2012

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: WA5RML
Operator(s): WA5RML
Station: WA5RML

Class: SOAB QRP
QTH: NTX

FT-817 at 5 wts to a Cushcraft MA5V vertical (small, no radial vertical,..did I
forget small?)

What a "beat-down"!  My peak hour was 20 QSOs! Still enjoyed the event,
though.

My 80/40 antenna went bad - so only relied on the higher bands (20, 15, 10).
15M was the "money" band if you can say such a thing with 91 QSOs total!

Sometimes, contesters get dumped on...but I have to tell you - It's a great
bunch of people.  I can't tell you how many times someone had to really work to
dig my signal out of the mud.  Many of these operators are well-known top shelf
contesters - and they always thanked me for "my" patience!

Hats off to W4ATL who worked the hardest.  It's like he said, "Damn the rate!
I'm gonna work this guy!"  Our QSO took at least 3 minutes.   Thanks.

Thanks to everyone who worked me.  If you made a QSO with me, then it also
meant that you usually had a killer signal to my QTH.

73,
Andy - WA5RML