[3830] NCCC Sprnt Lad K9MMS LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Thu May 3 20:25:56 PDT 2012

                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - May 4

Call: K9MMS
Operator(s): K9MMS
Station: K9MMS

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: IL

  160:   2      2
   80:   6      5
   40:  13     12
   20:  13      7
Total:  34     26  Total Score = 884

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

A very poor showing.  Twenty was great, but it was all downhill from there.  I
started on 7020 per the announcement and only found one station there, then
tried a few CQs -- nil.  I then went to 7040 and found the gang was there after
all.  So that lost a few QSOs and minutes.  Many jump balls and CQs came up
empty as well.

I split the last 10 minutes between 80 and 160 meters.  Storms were off to the
east near Chicago, and 80 and 160 were very noisy.  It was difficult copy with
the RX antenna on both bands.  160 was the worst,  I could barely hear any
stations there, and usually the K3 and RX antennas work well on the low bands.

In all, a very poor showing -- good rates and easy copy only for the first
half.

73,
    Gary