[3830] 7QP K7L(K6LL) SOMixed HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun May 6 11:59:29 PDT 2012

                    7th Call Area QSO Party

Call: K7L
Operator(s): K6LL
Station: K6LL

Class: SOMixed HP
QTH: AZYMA

  160:
   80:   24      17
   40:  143     137
   20:  203     876
   15:   61     433
----------------------------
Total:  431    1463     0  Mults = 70  Total Score = 295,330

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

I set a goal of 2000 QSO's and a score of 300K, and didn't quite make it.
Still, over 100 QSO's per hour for 18 hours is a lot of fun!

There must have been some big storms going on, because there was loud lightning
static on all bands for the entire duration of the contest, slowing down the
exchanges.  On 40, I finally turned the beam north, and focused on working
7-land, and that really improved the signal to noise ratio.

15 was pretty good this year, and I was surprised at some loud Europeans who
gave me a call in the late afternoon.

I worked a bunch of Rhode Island stations this year, and it was nice to have a
short chat with the folks from where I spent the first 30 years of my life.

Thanks to all the mobile stations who made the contest more interesting, and to
the sponsors of the three QSO Parties for coordinating the effort.

73

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, Arizona

.