[3830] NewEngQP N1DC Single Op LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun May 6 17:32:30 PDT 2012

                    New England QSO Party

Call: N1DC
Operator(s): N1DC
Station: N1DC

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Braintree MA

   80:     68
   40:    153       67
   20:    219       29
   15:     88
   10:      8
------------------------
Total:    536       96  Mults = 64  Total Score = 74,752

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Thanks to Tom K1KI and the many people involved with organizing this awesome QSO
party. It's always a lot of fun even with challenging conditions.

I was very surprised to find 10M almost completely dead. Surprisingly I got a
call from LW3EXL after about 20 CQ's on Sunday. There wasn't any other activity
at the time. It still pays to check 10M once in a while.

I expected 15M to be better since WWV on 20 MHz was consistently around S9
here.
Still managed to get 88 Q's.

Overall, it was great fun running stations on CW. I also put 96 SSB QSO's in
the log for the first time.  Thanks for the nice audio reports!

Came up 1,508 points short of my 2009 Norfolk County MA record (76,260) set in
2009. I had hoped to set a new one, but getting close was fun.

Highlights:

Working some SSB and getting good reports !

LW3EXL calling me on 10M when no one else was there

SM0BYD calling on 40 CW at 2341 Sunday for mult # 64

UA3AGW called Sunday on 80M at 23:59:36 but I couldn't copy him until 0001.
That would have been multiplier #65. Rules are Rules!! The contest ended at
2400.  (Thanks for trying !!)

Station:
TenTec Omni 7 @ 100W.  HyGain Explorer 14 Yagi for 10/15/20  Dipoles for 40/80
at 25 ft. Heil ProSet Plus headset/microphone.  HP Pavillion 500MHz PC still
running CT (maybe the last contest for this old workhorse)

Thanks for all the QSO's.

73 Rick  N1DC    Braintee MA  (EMA)