[3830] NewEngQP K8MR Single Op LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon May 7 18:51:36 PDT 2012

                    New England QSO Party

Call: K8MR
Operator(s): K8MR
Station: K8MR

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Ohio

------------------------
Total:     90       40  Mults = 45  Total Score = 10,000

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

As with others, this is a guestimate of my score. I was not only logging along
with the InQP, but was set up for multipliers by mode, not the case in NEQP.
But the score checkers will figure that all out!

NEQP can be a bit frustrating from northeast Ohio - too close too much of the
time for the populated areas of NE on 20 meters, and 40 can be pretty dead at
times. But I kept pecking away in between all sorts of other little projects.

I hope the NE guys will use this as an opportunity to discover the fun of state
QSO parties. W1 can be often missing in action for us out here in our parties -
in the Michigan QSO Party last month I had over 800 qsos and still missed CT!
(and RI and VT as well, but that happens in lots of other contests).

My daughter and her husband have just bought a house in Montclair, NJ. They've
not moved in yet, but in future years that may provide an excuse to get me in
range for a mobile excursion around W1 land in early May.

73  -  Jim  K8MR